[Building Sakai] Session Distribution (cache not re-loaded on restart of server)

Muthusamy, Kumar kumar.muthusamy at pearson.com
Wed Jul 23 16:28:24 PDT 2014

Hi All,
        I am using sakai 2.9 version and also using the session distributed
caching (ehcache2.6.6 with terracotta 3.7.6) and applied the patches *KNL-1163,
KNL-1184  and KNL-1185* and in this situation the cache are not getting
re-loaded after the server is forced to shutdown and get re-started, i am
using sticky session using ha-proxy.

The scenario to re-produce

1) After two sakai nodes started, and after successful login , when the
server is brought down (the one that got the request first) and when the
request goes to server two the session was alive and works good.

2) But when the server that was brought down when got started again and now
when the server two get shutdown and when the request goes to server two,
the sessionId is not found in the cache and forced to log-in page.

Please let me know your thoughts and if there is any specific patch for
reloading the cache please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Kumar