[Building Sakai] archiving classes

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:12:11 PDT 2014

Hi Brett,

In trunk we have some better functionality for handling site archives:

It doesn't allow non admins to do it though, but that could be handled
easily enough via an extension to Site Info. The issue is the download of
the archives since it requires filesystem access, however this patch above
solves that, so a simple extension to add the required UI for maintainers
of a site would be feasible.

One thing to note is that archives are a copy of *most* of the tools of the
site, and that deleting the site leaves all content and records behind.
There has been some work on hard delete for content (since records don't
take up much disk but binary files do) which could be extended to other
tools:

regards,
Steve