[Building Sakai] upgrade JSF to 1.2 or 2.o

Liu, Peter peter.liu at yale.edu
Tue Jul 22 12:26:09 PDT 2014

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the suggestions.  After more digging into the JSP pages, it is actually the problem from  Sakai custom Tag:( sakai:tool_bar_item), which are used in the JSP pages such as

<sakai:tool_bar>

<sakai:tool_bar_item value="#{msgs.modify_event}” . . . . />

        . . . .

</sakai:tool_bar>

Or <sakai:button_bar_item id="goback" action="listMeetings" value="#{msgs.goback_button}"/>

After replacing the 'sakai:tool_bar_item'  with <h:commandLink .. /> or <h:commandButton ../> Tags,  it works great with JSF 1.2 upgrade.  Now, at least, I have a way to go around it.

Don’t know how to fixed the sakai-jsf.taglib.xml at the tool: trunk/jsf/jsf-widgets, which is providing such Sakai custom Tags.

Any Idea or suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter