[Building Sakai] V10 source code?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Sun Jul 20 06:32:23 PDT 2014

From (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=93028745):
      svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-10.0/ sakai-10.0

Then I see that I have to go add things for evaluation, or other tools before building - yes?
   (https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/)
This certainly makes sense in that these are optional, but this is a pretty big collection of things, some developmental, some testing, etc.
Is there any index of major (popular?) tools that are recommended to install?

For example, rubrics (irubric), do I need to get and install this to use rubrics?
I think that major vendors (rSmart, Unicon, Longsight, ...) have a bunch of add-in tools on their "standard" distributions, is this a good starting lace for someone to do their own local build?

This is an svn of code only, is there a corresponding set of documentation and descriptions?

Thanks.