[Building Sakai] 10.0 issues with search

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Jul 16 12:20:20 PDT 2014

I believe switching those two properties switch the implementation. Search
in 10 allows you to easily switch the implementations.
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SRCH-119

This was done so it would be easy to try elastic search, fallback to the
old search or even plugin something else (like SOLR) if that was something
the local institution wanted to setup.

The properties for elasticsearch and the previous search are completely
different though. Some of them do apply, and some of them don't.

Basically all of the properties here are for the old search
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SEARCH/Home

All of the ones here are for elasticsearch.
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SEARCH/Elasticsearch

I see 4 there in the "Supported existing configuration" that overlap but
there's some that are specific to each.