[Building Sakai] LTI mapping for Sakai roles

Jim Mezzanotte jmezzanotte at anisakai.com
Tue Jul 15 13:06:08 PDT 2014

Thanks Matt and Dr. Chuck! And sorry, I should have been clear--I'm
talking about Sakai as consumer.

I was also wondering about the inconsistency noted in
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-26259. Looks like there's a
patch so ServiceServlet.addRole() method also checks for "site.upd"
permission and not site maintainer role. I'm not sure what the current
"inconsistent results" are?

So unless I've got this wrong: the role passed in "ext_sakai_role" is
the actual role of a particular user accessing the external service
from within Sakai? But although the external provider has this
information, role mapping is only handled by the site.upd/maintainer
role methods?

Jim Mezzanotte
Asahi Net International