[Building Sakai] LTI mapping for Sakai roles

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Jul 15 10:58:13 PDT 2014

Are you talking about Sakai as the consumer or the provider?

The external tools don't check anything, everything is provided and
calculated by the java code that is deployed in Sakai.

I believe for the consumer side, there are only 2 roles provided, learner
and instructor. The default is learner though it looks like there's a
bug/inconsistency between whether they're given Instructor for being the
maintain role or having site.upd. I'm not sure which one is the most
appropriate?

As far as the provider goes, you can map incoming roles to Sakai roles.