[Building Sakai] Looking for tutorial/example of using LTI in Sakai for login to separate website

Paul Dickson pdickson at ithaca.edu
Mon Jul 14 11:01:12 PDT 2014

I was hoping to get direction to any existing information about using LTI
within Sakai for login to a separate website. The problem I am trying to
solve is that we have some web content that should only be accessible to
students within a given class but that cannot be directly put into Sakai. I
would like to essentially use Sakai as the login method for this separate
site. I have seen that it is possible to do this by adding the LTI bridge
as a tool and putting the 3 basic pieces of information (secret etc). What
I cannot seem to find is any explanation of how to do this which is up to
date. Every site related to this looks to be from 2012 and none of the
examples work.

So is there any chance that someone who is helping to develop Sakai might
know of where I can find information for configuring this? I'd seen that it
is easy to drop the Sakai portion in but can't find any examples of what
goes into the other website to make the hand shake.

Thanks a lot in advance.
pd