[Building Sakai] enabling portal video chat on Sakai 10.x

Alex Ballesté alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Thu Jul 10 23:07:41 PDT 2014

There are some public STUN servers if you don't want to add own one [1].

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you don't have to be scared about TURN/STUN.
STUN is just a discovering service and TURN can be used as packages
relay in case there isn't any viable way to connect peers directly. If
your video session works under SSL all the data is encrypted and can
only be unencrypted by the peers.

The only thing you could take on consideration is that if you use a TURN
server that is under authentication, the login and password of the TURN
connection is exposed in the browser JS stack. So the relay could be
used by other apps.

Now I'm involved in testing ways to use dynamic sessions with TURN
servers, where login and password credentials are generated in each call
and can be only used for a while from the user browsers.

[1] Stun server list example:
https://code.google.com/p/natvpn/source/browse/trunk/stun_server_list

Alex.

On 07/10/2014 09:46 PM, Mustansar Mehmood wrote:
> Thanks,
>  Do we have to have our own NAT traversal server or
> stun:stun.l.google.com <http://stun.l.google.com>:19302 will suffice?
# A list of nat traversal servers to try during portal chat video calling.

Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén  alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
=====================
Universitat de Lleida
Àrea de sistemes d'Informació i Comunicacions
Analista/Programador

University of Lleida
Information and Communication Systems Service
Analyst / Programmer

Tlf: +34 973 702148
Fax: +34 973 702130

Avís legal/Aviso legal/Avertiment legal/Legal notice
http://www.imatge.udl.cat/avis_legal_lopd.html