[Building Sakai] enabling portal video chat on Sakai 10.x

Alex Ballesté alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Thu Jul 10 04:07:04 PDT 2014

Hi Mustansar,
I think portal chat is enabled by default is sakai 10. The property to
enable/disable is
portal.neochat = true/false

If you want to have the video option you should enable a set of properties:

# Set this to true and video calling will be enabled on portal chat.
# DEFAULT: false
# portal.chat.video=true

# A list of nat traversal servers to try during portal chat video calling.
# DEFAULT: stun:stun.l.google.com <http://stun.l.google.com>:19302
# portal.chat.video.servers={list of ice servers}

# The timeout, in seconds, for operations like waiting for a call to be
answered.
# DEFAULT: 25
# portal.chat.video.timeout=50

You can find information about how to enable it to this document about
how video plugin works at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UT3McN89QayB39nlPqe5g5G2Sc42KGMBGb0qnP4Y6H4/edit?usp=sharing

In addition, if you want to run portal chat in a clustered environment
you must specify an ID for JGROUPS with the property
portalchat.cluster.channel=yourportachalid

I hope it will help.

Alex

Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén  alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
=====================
Universitat de Lleida
Àrea de sistemes d'Informació i Comunicacions
Analista/Programador

University of Lleida
Information and Communication Systems Service
Analyst / Programmer

Tlf: +34 973 702148
Fax: +34 973 702130

Avís legal/Aviso legal/Avertiment legal/Legal notice
http://www.imatge.udl.cat/avis_legal_lopd.html