[Building Sakai] SAK-800/KNL-273 status

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Wed Jan 29 12:42:26 PST 2014

Hi, all:

The ability to "download multiple files in zip archive format" is listed
among the most-wanted features in our user survey.

We noticed those two JIRAs,
SAK-800<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-800>and subsequent
KNL-273 <https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-273>, have been marked as
fixed and included in Sakai since 2.9. However, neither patch is turned on
by default, because of initial performance concerns.

We've seen that the content zip configuration has been enabled on the
longsight qa server(https://qa10.longsight.com). It would be great if
Longsight or other Sakai institutions could share their experiences of
using this content zip feature. And if there is no remaining concerns, how
about we move forward and surface this feature in OOTB Sakai?

Thanks,

- Zhen