[Building Sakai] Sakai 10 Font Size Improvement

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 00:29:18 PST 2014

And do you need to think that sakai is used all around the world where
maybe computers (including desktop screens) are not so updated...

Anyway... this is a skin question. So you can change in your institutional
skin the fonts if you want. It´s very easy.

But I think that should be good to give the user the freedom of select from
various skins, one of them can be low resolution skin and then we can have
better fonts.  When I was at my previous position we did that for a
customer for accessibility needs, we created several skins with high
contrast and big fonts and then, the user was able to change the skin.

Diego

2014/1/14 Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com>

> Yea, I agree, I'd also be skeptical at the moment. It still looks like
> most common resolution in PCs notebooks at present is 1368x768. Only newer
> (2013) Macbooks and higher end PC's, where you usually have to pay more for
> the option, currently are higher than this. So probably something like 50%
> at the most common 1368x768 & 1440x900 and 25% at something higher and 25%
> lower than this.
>
> I can see maybe new computers in 2014 (hopefully) pushing for higher
> resolutions as people upgrade, but I also think that the mobile/tablet
> market (where resolution is high but overall size is small) will be gaining
> in dominance. So I can for sure imagine ~4K on a 7 and 9 inch displays
> (which are now generally 1920x1200 / 2560x1600). But probably not catching
> on as fast on larger notebook displays?
>
> Something to keep an eye on, and make sure the mobile portal renders and
> looks nice!
>

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM, David McIntyre <
> david.mcintyre at stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>> With respect, many of our students, staff, and faculty access Sakai on
>> laptops, which have not quite caught up to 1080p. I don't think the laptop
>> market has quite caught up to that screen resolution just yet.
>>
>> --
>> David McIntyre
>> Stanford University
>> Library Technology
>> CourseWork QA Lead

*Diego del Blanco Orobitg*
Spain & LATAM Regional Manager (*ANI Sakai*)
Apereo LATAM Representative (*Apereo Foundation*)

P: (+34) 653 683 489
E: ddelblanco at anisakai.com
Sk: ddelblanco.ani