[Building Sakai] Sakai 10 Font Size Improvement

Mustansar Mehmood mm3 at rice.edu
Mon Jan 13 14:48:32 PST 2014

Hi
Since 1080P is a ubiquitous size of screens and other higher resolution
display are present and on their way(4K). I think it is a good idea to
introduce
fonts that are more suitable than fonts that  are suitable for lower
resolutions such as 1200X800 and 768X1024 etc
Though statistics(http://www.hobo-web.co.uk/best-screen-size/) suggest that
 Lower resolution displays are in majority but  in my opinion
educational institutions and students tend to have relatively modern
screens.
I think Sakai could use larger and higher resolution fonts to enhance
readability and aesthetic appeal.
I have created a Jira ( https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-25538)
around this issue but I would like to hear community commentary about
the issue.
Regards,
Mustansar

--
Mustansar Mehmood
Educational System Developer& Integrator

Information Technology
6100 Main St. MS 119
Houston Texas 77005

Phone:(713)348-2523
Fax  :(713)348 6099
email:mustansar at rice.edu

I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when,you  looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
    -- Poul Anderson