[Building Sakai] State of the art on search replacements for 2.9.x

John Bush jbush at anisakai.com
Fri Jan 10 14:10:12 PST 2014

Most of our clients have been running elasticsearch for 6 months+.
The best source of documentation is:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~jbush/Elasticsearch?src=search

There is one env I'm aware of that is having a weird hiccup that we
haven't gotten to the bottom of quite yet, but for the most part its
very fast and doesn't require much hand holding.

In terms of migration, you will obviously have to rebuild your
indices.  Depending on how many documents you have you may want to
stage that work by doing things site by site until you feel
comfortable to do a full rebuild.