[Building Sakai] mathml support

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Feb 27 08:08:05 PST 2014

This is right, currently neither 10 or trunk support MathML and browsers
are dropping native support faster than they're adding it. The OOTB plugin
that is there renders to an image and encodes the MathML only for use in
retrieving the image. The only real support for MathML is through MathJAX.

However, MathML tags are blocked by the filtering in 10 at the moment
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22527.

After this was fixed there are 2 ideas for getting MathML (and LaTeX)
 support via MathJAX into Sakai.
The first is a contributed patch that allows you to turn on MathJAX on a
per tool/per site basis.
 - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22384
The second is a plugin for CKEditor 4.x that supports MathJAX
 -
http://ckeditor.com/ckeditor_4.3_beta/samples/plugins/mathjax/mathjax.html