[Building Sakai] Assignment associated to grade item: student's grade cannot be changed in assignment tool

RAUL SANCHEZ VEGAS raulsv at um.es
Tue Feb 25 09:50:01 PST 2014

Hi

Sorry, right now we are not able to provide a patch to allow
assignment's tool to work with 2 decimal point numbers (not enough
resources for that).

However, we could create a patch to solve the issue we have reported
(explained below):

Assignment associated with an existing gradebook entry.
When an instructor grades a student with 2 (or more) decimal point
numbers, e.g. 7.89 points in gradebook, the instructor cannot change the
student's grade (even with a grade that includes only one decimal point
number i.e.: 7,8) in Assignment because it fails and this message is
displayed: "Alert: Please use only one decimal place for the grade field.".

We believe that the expected behaviour is that the Instructor is able to
change the student's grade, at least with a new grade that only has one
decimal point number (i.e.: 7,8) or with a number (i.e.: 7). If you
agree we could create a patch to fix this.

Regards,
Raúl