[Building Sakai] [Using Sakai] Resources Changes for Sakai 11

David Minugh David.Minugh at English.su.se
Fri Feb 21 02:57:39 PST 2014

Re: Webdav discussion

As an end user, with a lot of colleagues who are end users, I agree with those looking for transparency. Upload-etc is admittedly longer, but is much easier to understand than "webdav" (a technical term) or "desktop access", which sounds to me like a link back to my PC's desktop (like the W7 shortcut in the lower right corner), and certainly doesn't suggest to me that it has anything to do with file up/downloads. The illustration below seems like a nice compromise.
   Our teachers still vary enormously in how much they know about Sakai, and there are always new staff (and students) arriving, so transparency is an important, if elusive virtue.

David C. Minugh                                                                             E-mail: David.Minugh at english.su.se
Director of Studies/International Exchanges                            Tel: (+46) 8 16 35 94
English Department                                                                        Cell phone: (+46) 70 - 23 14 777
Stockholm University                                                                     Office: E 851, Frescati

From: sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org [mailto:sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] On Behalf Of Adam Marshall
Sent: den 21 februari 2014 11:34
To: Kirschner, Beth; sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org Developers; Sakai User
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] [Using Sakai] Resources Changes for Sakai 11

All sounds good.

We have placed a link "Recycle Bin" on every page of resources, it would be great to have the folder structure visible when users visit the page. I would argue for  "Recycle Bin" above "Trash" as I think people understand the term better.

[cid:image001.png at 01CF2EFB.3DA20110]

You will see we have also inserted the string "webdav" into the label so have "Upload-Download Multiple Resources (WebDAV) " .

I have no qualms about changing this to "Desktop Access (webdav)".

adam