[Building Sakai] Samigo file and attachment storage

Joshua Swink jswink at ucmerced.edu
Thu Feb 20 13:36:49 PST 2014

Question: Is there any specific setup or configuration necessary to deal
with Samigo's files and attachments in a clustered environment?

As far as I can tell, Samigo has three ways of dealing with files and
attachments right now:

1) Media files, which are referenced in SAM_MEDIA_T. The files will be
stored in the database if samigo.saveMediaToDb is true. Otherwise... I'm
not sure where they will go.
2) Attachments. The files will be referenced in SAM_ATTACHMENT_T and stored
by the content hosting service (and therefore no sam-specific setup or
configuration is necessary).
3) Temporary files. They go in the directory configured in
samigo.answerUploadRepositoryPath.

It would appear that if samigo.saveMediaToDb is true, then nothing specific
needs to be done for a clustered environment. This is assuming that the
temporary files never need to be used by a process on another node. Does
that sound about right?

Josh