[Building Sakai] Kaltura plugin "Download" option

Robert Long rlong at unicon.net
Wed Feb 19 07:00:06 PST 2014

Kelly,

There is no direct way in the UI to disable the download functionality for an instructor on an item by item basis without affecting other collections and items, as far as I can tell. You could disable permissions for the instructor role to restrict what they can do in Media Gallery, but unfortunately, as instructors of the course, they have the ability to modify permissions and could reset any permission you might set. You would have to add some logic in the code to not show the ‘Download' link for items owned by the library users. I would take a look in viewCollection.jsp and ViewCollectionController.java as a start.

--Bob

----
Robert Long
Software Engineer