[Building Sakai] Whether and how does your institution provide mobile access to Sakai?

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 06:13:05 PST 2014

{I don't think this made it to the dev list before}

Dear all,

Nowadays most students own mobile devices including smart phones.  I am interested in finding out from the Sakai Community if and how your intuition provides mobile access to Sakai.   I posted a similar question to the ALT (Association for Learning Technology) community in the U.K..  Here is the summary of responses from 17 institutions (see the link below) - Institution name, Mobile Access approach including mobile version URL,  and Mobile usage data.  It seems that three mobile access approaches are: mobile app, mobile theme and responsive design.

At Oxford University we are investigating student and faculty 'needs and wants' to enhance their mobile experience using Sakai.  Besides the responsive design we expect in Sakai 10, we would like to hear from you about what your institution is currently using and your future plans in terms of mobile access.  With your permission, we will use your data to enrich our existing table and hopefully inform others when reviewing their mobile strategy.

http://blogs.it.ox.ac.uk/fawei/2014/02/05/whether-and-how-your-institution-provide-mobile-access-to-your-vle/

Many thanks in advance

Fawei

Fawei Geng, FHEA CMALT MBCS