[Building Sakai] Config Viewer for 2.9.3?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Dec 9 10:08:52 PST 2014

It's possible that the tool could be made to still work, but nobody has
updated the "official branch" for any properties added/deleted/modified in
about 4 years since 2.7. (And there were a ton of new ones in 2.8 and 2.9
alone
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+2.9+release+notes+new+properties+and+permissions
)

There is an RSmart/ANI branch of it that mentions 2.9
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/rsmart/msub/config-viewer/branches/2.9.x/
but looking at the change log it didn't update the properties so will
likely work but be significantly out of date as far as content is
concerned. Most of these tools just needed an update for a Spring MVC
change.

Keeping all of the properties updated and accurate was a mostly manual
process that nobody ever really picked up. Though we do document them all
in the release notes as well as in
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/config/trunk/configuration/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/config/bundle/default.sakai.properties

It's not in a format that is constant or usable by anything like this tool.