[Building Sakai] Read Committed

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Mon Aug 25 07:40:02 PDT 2014

>  This is the first week of classes, and this occurred twice on Tuesday and
> once  on Thursday, but we ran fine for 48 hours in between.

One of the biggest issues we used to see during the beginning of a term was
impatient use of the Import from Site functionality that would lead to one
instructor re-importing materials several times because of the false
assumption that copies are instant and re-clicking must lead to a different
outcome.  The Import from Site functionality could potentially copy
gigabytes of files and thousands of assignments, forums, tests, etc. This
JIRA modified the Import from Site behavior to run in a separate, blocked
thread:

Two tools that were fairly inefficient in Sakai 2.9.2 with database access
were Samigo and Forums.  You can take a look at several efficiency fixes
for Samigo here:

  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1695

If you have heavy use of Forums, you want to take a look at this JIRA: