[Building Sakai] Sakai Brazilian community

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Aug 14 06:40:14 PDT 2014

Hi Virgilio,

Welcome (back) to the community! This is a good way to start, by posting to
the sakai-dev list. Thank you.

There are many ways to participate in the community.

* Fixing Sakai bugs (by providing patches)
* Helping review and comment on patches provided by others
* QA testing
* Answering questions on the list
* Helping build our Stack Exchange community [1]
* Participating on Thursday's Sakai core team call
* Presenting on what you know. Several formats for this include conferences
and webinars.

Specifically for Brazil it might be harder to give exact advice. However,
you can probably draw from experiences from others in the community. For
example the S2U group (Spanish Speaking Users group), or pay attention to
what other businesses which support Sakai say in their presentations.

What kind of scripts or standards are you looking for? Development
standards? Supported technologies?

I would be happy to hear about the state of the Brazilian Sakai community
and chat sometime. Also curious if you see a growing interest in the Apereo
community, which includes Sakai and other communities like uPortal, CAS and
more [2].

[1] Stack Exchange effort -
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2014-July/028144.html

[2] Apereo communities - http://www.apereo.org/content/projects-communities