[Building Sakai] Sakai Brazilian community

Virgílio Santos virgilio.santos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:20:28 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

A little while I came back to Sakai to develop and update a specific
tool with a specific purpose (A instrumental reading english course
for portuguese speakers). The first time I was in a Sakai tool project
I have barely put my hands on the code as I was leading the team that
have 3 or 4 big problems to solve and I could not participate actively
in coding.

>From that time to now, I have graduated at Unicamp that used to had a
small Sakai community and build up my startup that is based at
Campinas and is all about technology and education (My partners are an
Instructional Designer and Language graduate and a Communication
graduate and Web designer).

Well, given that and the fact I'm using Sakai heavily right now (and
intend to continue the work), I'm thinking about to improve or even
create a strong(er) Sakai community here in Brazil and I would like to
know what you guys think about it and if you have tips or even a
script or standards I should follow! I think it would be awesome to
have a Sakai conference in Campinas or Rio de Janeiro! =D

Many thanks and sorry about the english!

Virgílio Santos
Co-founder at Escola Mupi
http://escolamupi.com.br
+55 19 981883878