[Building Sakai] new web content tool error

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Fri Aug 8 15:22:29 PDT 2014

I am catching up with this thread.  Is there a JIRA for this?   I am sure this is fixable quickly if we know exactly what is needed.

As the person who wrote the Portlet based Web Content tool, I could have easily introduced this.   I fixed a *bunch* of security JIRAs that were complaining about allowing bad URLs to pass through.   We added code in the UI to flag them with nasty messages and since there were lots of bad URLs in the database, we added code at launch time that complains and suppresses the launch.

Are there log messages?

Please make JIRA and tell me clearly what is going on and I am happy to fix it.  A screen shot and look at any log messages would be most helpful so I can quickly reproduce the problem.

/Chuck