[Building Sakai] Trying to use Evaluation System tool

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Thu Aug 7 23:05:32 PDT 2014

Hi Sergio,

first at all, I recommend you either 1.3 or 1.5 versions of Evaluation
System. Unless somebody has worked on it recently, I tried 1.4 in the
past and it gave me a lot of trouble. The colleges that I know which are
using Evalsys, and ourselves, are in 1.3.0. And the 1.5 tag is where the
efforts are currently located AFAIK.

To look for deployment errors, you can test if evaluation's war is in
<tomcat>/webapps and <tomcat>/shared/lib/ folders.

Also, you can test if the EVAL_*** tables are created in database. If
not, maybe autoddl is not set up or maybe it is not working for
evaluation and you must create the tables by yourself.

If everything is ok, you can log in as admin and see if
sakai.rsf.evaluation tool is in the list of available tools.

And if it is available, maybe is not well configured. You can take a
look to this guide to set up permissions and admin options:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/Administrator+Guide

Hope it helps.
Best regards.

El 07/08/14 a las #4, Sergio Muriel escribió:
> Dear All,
> I'm trying to run the Evaluation System tool using:
> 1. Windows
> 2. Tomcat 7
> 3. MySQL
> 4. Sakai 2.9.1 (Kernel 1.3.1)
> 5. Hierarchy 1.2.6
> 6. Evaluation System tool 1.4.1
> 7. Maven 2.2.1
>
> I've done all the steps showed in:
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EVALSYS/Installation+Guide
>
> When I deploy it and run it in Tomcat it doesn't show me any errors
> related with Evaluation System, but it also doesn't show me anything
> new or related to Evaluation System in the web site.
>
> Does anybody has any clue for it?
>
> PD Questions:
> - Is it possible (right, good) to Maven Sakai modules using different
> Maven versions?
> - Is this system still being used? (In case not, any alternatives?)
>

> Best Regards,
> Sergio Muriel

Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de E-learning - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
La inteligencia me persigue pero yo soy mas rápido. (Les Luthiers)