[Building Sakai] Using Javascript to set the date and time for the RSF date widget in Lessons

David P Bauer dbauer1 at udayton.edu
Tue Aug 5 06:56:10 PDT 2014

Hi Neal,

We had a request to allow users to edit the release date for a Lessons
subpage using the "Edit Item" window instead of forcing them to load the
page and go to settings. (See image below) The problem I've run into is
that the 2.9 version of Lessons uses a Yahoo datepicker that I'm completely
unfamiliar with.

At this point, everything is working as expected except that if a subpage
already has a release date I'm unable to select that date when the user
clicks on the 'Edit' button next to the subpage. Hence, my question was how
do you select a particular date for the datepicker using JavaScript.

I hope that helps clarify my question!

​

Thanks,

David