[Building Sakai] Uploading files to Resources via RESTful API?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Apr 16 07:07:50 PDT 2014

It looks like most (all?) of the feeds in trunk are for read only access to
content. Michigan is building some nice looking UI on top of this for 11.
They worked on a read/write interface over the years at (
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/resources/contentfeeds/trunk/) but
I don't know how complete this ended up getting.

Here was a thread from 2 years ago, I haven't heard of anything that has
changed since then.

http://sakai-project-mail-list-archives.1343168.n2.nabble.com/Building-Sakai-resources-entity-Broker-development-td7147234.html

I think some of the problem is that using Entitybroker for resources really
didn't map too well easier as almost everything ended up just needing to be
custom actions and streaming binary data rather than json/xml or regular
entities. And there was some other tricky edge cases.

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2009-October/004229.html

I wasn't super involved in this, I just saw some of it working at one time.
;)

-Matthew