[Building Sakai] Random external failures from svn

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Fri Apr 11 03:15:15 PDT 2014

Hi,

I was updating my trunk checkout with svn update and it partially failed
the first and second time. I didn't try a third time, you can see at the
end why.

This is summarized by svn with:
> At revision 308072.
> svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions

> At revision 308072.
> svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions

First time I got the following failures:
> svn: warning: W200000: Error handling externals definition for 'common':
> svn: warning: W175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/common/trunk'

> svn: warning: W200000: Error handling externals definition for 'sections':
> svn: warning: W175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sections/trunk'

> svn: warning: W200000: Error handling externals definition for 'user':
> svn: warning: W175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/user/trunk'

Second time, other externals were failing:
> Fetching external item into 'help':
> svn: warning: W175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/help/trunk'

> Fetching external item into 'presence':
> svn: warning: W175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/presence/trunk'

> Fetching external item into 'rights':
> svn: warning: W175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/rights/trunk'

> svn: warning: W200000: Error handling externals definition for 'usermembership':
> svn: warning: W175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/usermembership/trunk'

Because the revision is the same and different externals failed I think
I have a correct update of trunk.

Has this happened to others?

Cheers,

J-F