[Building Sakai] Resources versioning

Qu, Yuanhua yq12 at txstate.edu
Fri Apr 4 07:56:20 PDT 2014

Good morning,

I found this Jira https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-8159 talking about content versioning and also a confluence page http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/RES/Versioning+of+resources,  but I didn't see any progress for this request.

We have local request of content versioning,  and our user hope at least sakai could support some basic versioning like when you upload or save  a same named file, the old one could be saved with a version number and the new one becomes active;  user can rollback to the version they want.

Now 8 years later,  wondering if someone has already get this working and would like to share;  if no one yet, would like to draw more attention to this feature request to enhance sakai to keep up with nowadays content hosting capability.

Thanks

-Qu