[Building Sakai] CASifying Sakai: blank page after CAS login

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 08:38:29 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Our Sakai is successfully pointing to our CAS login page and I greatly
appreciated Steve's excellent guide,
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~steve.swinsburg/CASifying+Sakai+with+CAS+3

However, I got the blank page after login with CAS user name and the right
pwd. The blank page url shows
https://webauth.claremontmckenna.edu/sakai-login-tool/container?ticket=ST-151-7vMNsvD1QzKfutecW2Kg-webauth.claremontmckenna.edu

Unfortunately, the debug log didn't much show the information:

2014-04-02 08:31:33.729 [DEBUG]
org.sakaiproject.login.filter.NakamuraAuthenticationFilter:140 -
doFilter(ServletRequest
org.sakaiproject.util.RequestFilter$WrappedRequest at 540153b9,
ServletResponse org.sakaiproject.util.RequestFilter$WrappedResponse at 231fc1c5,
FilterChain org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain at 79ea7e86)

I don't know what I missed or make a mistake.

If I entered the wrong pwd, the CAS page shows "The credentials you
provided cannot be determined to be authentic) with the following url

https://webauth.claremont.edu/cas/login;jsessionid=3FE4B9EA242C173BD60FE3C66386EE07?service=https%3A%2F%2Fwebauth.claremontmckenna.edu%2Fsakai-login-tool%2Fcontainer

Current version is Sakai 2.8.x and java 6 and tomcat5.

Please advise and thank you in advance.