[Building Sakai] edit site information error

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:40:40 PDT 2013

Thank you for your reply, Steve.

For #1, Please see the attached full error log. Please advise me where
should I check first?

For # 2, Do you mean URL won't change ever? go to Aliases < change "Target"
field from system generated url into alias url < save <  go back to
Worksite Setup < click site tile under "Worksite Title" < I expect  the
alias URL will be displayed on the url address bar, but the system
generated url is still displayed. I would like to have your confirmation--
is this right? If so, why do you need alias url?
I think I might misunderstand something for site alias and alias url.
Please educate me?

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Steve Swinsburg
<steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For 1, go through the mods you have made to determine what the issue is,
> or post fuller stack traces.
>
> For 2, no the URL doesn't change, but you can use that alias url and it
> will be resolved back to the full site url.
>
> cheers,
>

> On 21/09/2013, at 1:52 AM, Sanghyun Jeon <euksa99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have two issues:
> 1) sakai2.8.x is unable to edit a site (org.sakaiproject.portal.api.PortalHandlerException:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException) and site alias creation
>
> 2) Sakai 2.9.3: site alias creation-- Does url suppose to be changed, i,e
> https:/sakaitest.aiso.claremont.edu/portal/site/new29sakai instead
> of https:/
> sakaitest.aiso.claremont.edu/portal/site/0c150bd5-e538-4d7e-89b1-0658e6d5b01f
> after a site alias has been created?
>

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Steve Swinsburg <
> steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What are you trying to achieve, edit a site or set an alias? Which bit is
>> not working? That alias looks ok.
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Sanghyun Jeon <euksa99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I did the same setting
>>> #wsetup.disable.siteAlias=false