[Building Sakai] Email Archive Configuration Not Working

Bhuvaneswari N bhuvik at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 07:45:03 PDT 2013

Hi,

With Sakai 2.9.2-Tags version, we are configuring incoming, outgoing and
email archives and struggling to get it working more than last 2 weeks.
Desperately waiting reply from the experts.
Note: we are not using james server, is it the must to use?

Outgoing email is working properly with the below configuration:
         1) smtp at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=
mail.our-domain-name.com <http://mail.domain.com/>
          2) smtpPort at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=26
3) smtpUser at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=username
4) smtpPassword at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService=password
5) setup.request=email id

*Incoming and email Archive is NOT working properly with any of the
configuration!! We are seeking help here!! Following are the properties
configured for the same*
1) smtp.enabled=true
 2)smtp.dns.1=xyz
3) smtp.dns.2=xyz
4) smtp.port=8025
5) mail.support=email id
6) serverName=ourServerName
7) serverId=ourID

Where and How to look for the server id? What are we missing here?

Thanks,
N.Bhuvana