[Building Sakai] heads-up on 2.9.x upgrade: see jldap provider bug fixes at SAK-23689 and SAK-23719

Niebel, William (wdn5e) wdn5e at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Sep 19 11:02:00 PDT 2013

Hi, Sam.
    I don't see a trunk change to remove the ldap-specific cache, so there may still be time to influence a decision to drop the ldap-specific cache (or not).
    It may be better for us at UVa to leave it in place.  We have a local mod to getUserFromEmail() to use an alternate, multi-valued, attribute which isn't mapped to Sakai user data.  This alternate attribute has one or more email addresses known as belonging to the user.  This allows the user to send mail to site mail-archive from any of those mail addresses, not restricted to the single-value mail attribute (which we still map into Sakai user data, and which is the only address which Sakai notifications are sent to, as usual).
    Granted this lookup is relatively infrequent, but I thought I should let you know.  Thanks.
Bill