[Building Sakai] Android Devices Won't Download Sakai Resources

Kevin Pittman kevin.pittman at oit.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 17 09:16:44 PDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 09:33:38PM +0200, Alexandre Ballesté wrote:
> Some android versions < 4.1 had problems downloading files under https if the certificate is self signed. Is it your case?

Just to follow up, the reports I've gotten are that the blue download
progress bar never goes away, so I don't think it's a case of the user
not knowing where to look for the file.  Also, we have an official SSL
cert on both our application load balancer and our file sharing load
balancer, so I don't thing the certs would be messing anything up.  I
do think this is probably connected to the use of the content hosting
patch, though I'm at a loss to explain why Androids would have problems
with the redirection when virtually all other browsers/devices handle
it gracefully.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Kevin
Georgia Tech Sakai Application Administrator

Kevin Pittman                              kevin.pittman at oit.gatech.edu