[Building Sakai] Turnitin Integration continually syncing

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 9 07:11:12 PDT 2013

I'm just looking into this but it appears that our turnitin
integration is currently syncing the classes for all sites that have
the assignments tool every time it runs. Currently the sync is running
every 5 minutes which is resulting in 100'000s of requests a day I
think.

I'm just starting to look into this but wondered if anyone else was
seeing problems? I can see this change in behaviour by looking at how
much logging we do from the roster sync and you can see a very marked
change on the 22nd of August:

cat * | awk '$6 =
"org.sakaiproject.contentreview.impl.turnitin.TurnitinRosterSync" &&
$2 ~ /....-..-../ {print $2;}' | sort | uniq -c

[..snipped..]

21094 2013-08-19
18329 2013-08-20
25537 2013-08-21
97749 2013-08-22 // Towards the end of the day this starts.
330794 2013-08-23
336660 2013-08-24
334323 2013-08-25
314146 2013-08-26
315303 2013-08-27
309388 2013-08-28
332781 2013-08-29
319955 2013-08-30
329281 2013-08-31
325601 2013-09-01
304729 2013-09-02
314143 2013-09-03
302960 2013-09-04
285472 2013-09-05
299265 2013-09-06
261135 2013-09-07
328288 2013-09-08
82033 2013-09-09

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford