[Building Sakai] Question Regarding Tin Can API

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Mon Sep 9 03:59:32 PDT 2013

Viji,
It sounds like you are trying to find steps for installing an LRS.
Since Sakai is not an LRS and does not have one embedded in it, I
think you would have better luck asking questions about how to install
the LRS you have chosen on a mailing list related to it. If you
haven't chosen one yet, you may want to try the cloud hosted service
by rustici (not free):
http://scorm.com/tincanoverview/what-is-an-lrs-learning-record-store/

Alternatively, you can use the free test service here:
http://tincanapi.com/public-lrs/
Which you can configure Sakai or anything that conforms to the xAPI to
send statements to and then verify they were received.

When developing and testing the Sakai xAPI integration I did both of
these things to verify it worked correctly. After you verify it works
you can point Sakai at any LRS that is compatible with 1.0 or better
of the xAPI spec.
-AZ