[Building Sakai] possible patch for firefox 23

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 4 06:17:58 PDT 2013

I've just attached a patch to https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23894.

It's code that Rutgers is probably going to use for Fall 2013.

It's based on the old (2.9.1) verison of the web tool. It opens in a new window if the instructor sets open in new window, or if the content is http. (I assume only use https: for sakai would install this patch.)

Unfortunately opening in a new window means the instructor has no way to get to the Options menu. So if you have site.upd, I set it up so that clicking on the icon in the left margin gives you the old code, with Sakai decoration. That will let you get to Options.

If I had more time, I might give anyone with site.upd an intermediate page, with a link for the real URL and the update information However we have a fair number of sites where all members have site.upd. I don't want those sites to get a substandard experience, by forcing all users into a maintenance screen.

This isn't a great approach, but it works. If someone has a better one I'd be happy to do it, but I need something we can do immediately.