[Building Sakai] Status IMS LIS support

John Bush jbush at anisakai.com
Tue Oct 15 09:23:36 PDT 2013

We built on unicon's work that was for peoplesoft to add LIS support for
Sungard's banner.  You can find the most up to date work for that here:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/rsmart/msub/sakora/trunk/

I think knowing what SIS system you are targetting might help answer your
question better.  If its Banner or PeopleSoft then LIS might work for you,
since most of the work is done.

As Mark said, LIS is big and complicated, it a big mess of xml soup.  Its
one of those things where the spec gets you maybe 80% of the way there and
then each vendor does the 20% a little different.   If I had to choose
myself, I'd explore other more simple and straightforward routes to doing
integration first.  It really depends on your needs.  For the majority of
folks, batch processes work just fine.   If you need something more
realtime, using Sakai's existing soap or rest services might be good enough.