[Building Sakai] CAS integration with Sakai : Performance issues

Ciellie Jansen van Vuuren ciellie.jansenvanvuuren at nwu.ac.za
Tue Oct 8 05:44:57 PDT 2013

Hallo
Firstly I want to say thank you for all your help in this community.

We integrate CAS with Sakai 2.9.0 in June 2013. We experiencing that
students get logged off sakai. The session didn't closed and they try
logging on again. The number of sessions spiked resulting that the
application boxes become so slow it crashes.

We changed the
/usr/local/tomcat/components/sakai-provider-pack/WEB-INF/jldap-beans.xml by
setting the poolMaxconn property from 10 -20 This helped but if the students
started writing exams the issue repeats itself as explained above.

Thanx for your help
Ciellie