[Building Sakai] [STRANGE] ERRORS installing SAKAI 2.9.3 on CentOS 6.4 64-bit

alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Tue Oct 8 02:02:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

I used the tar.gz downloaded from tomcat.apache.org.

Anyway, I'll do a
fresh install of the OS and the other components, all from tar.gz binaries. Sakai, i'll download
the source zip file, and start with a clean build.

thankyou Community,

yours,

> There must be other processes running then. How did you install
Tomcat? Did
> you use a package or did you download the tar.gz from tomcat.apache.org?
> Packages dont work well with Sakai due to the multiple parts required for a

deployment (its not just wars). You are probably best completely
> uninstalling Tomcat
from your system via the package manager and then
> grabbing a fresh one and deploying
into that.

> Also do as Jon says and check the ports as other applications also
use port
> 8080.
>
> But you could get around this by just changing the
ports for Tomcat in

Gorrono <jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

>> If you're on a Linux system,
you can learn more about the processes using
>> the ports with the lsof command, eg,
>>
>> lsof -i :8080
>>
>> you may have to find the lsof
command if it's not on ur path... usually
>> installed in /usr/sbin, so /usr/sbin/lsof
-i :8080

>> .... that will show you process id and base command (eg
'java')

7, 2013 at 7:07 AM, <alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma> wrote:

>>> Hi,

Sakai change that problem?
>>> the move to 32bit was just a check if I'm doing
something wrong on the
>>> 64bit.

>>> running?
>>> I killed any java program running, with the KILL -9
<Process_id>, when
>>> starting tomcat (with sakai), i get the same
problems.

instance of Tomcat up and running on your
>>> machine - a fresh install directly
from Apache using the latest 7.0.x
>>> version.
>>> I've done that,
and YES, tomcat s working and the hello world example is
>>> working just fine.

Tomcat to start up
>>> automatically on system reboot.
>>> YES,
Already done, i created a tomcat service in /etc/init.d. It's
>>> working fine
also.

>>> ONCE, I deploy sakai 2.9.3 in Tomcat, I get those
errors.

>>> Should I recheck the sakai source, and build it from
scratch on a clean
>>> tomcat?
>>>
>>> Alaa

with locked ports and a rogue
version of Sakai change
Sakai will run

>> Hi,

going on with this install, I transfered
Sakai2.9.1 from centos 6.2 32bit, to Centos 6.4

described with sakai2.9.3 in

java

at 5:21 AM, Jehan Badshah

process by following way

ps -ax | grep java

output

be the process id number, you should

<markjnorton at earthlink.net>

-ax" and look for any processes running
>>> Java. I
>>> >>
>>> agree with Matt. It's probably a default tomcat running. I've seen
>>>
>> this
servers cloned from a

server.

listening, probably a default tomcat

ubuntu.

to see what's listening on the port. You can also go into

conf/server.xml and change the port there from 8080 to something
You

sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org

Badshah | Team Lead
(SLATE)

sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org

"unsubscribe"

>> > dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
be clean.

Services Manager

www.iihem.ac.ma
<http://www.mailscanner.info/>,