[Building Sakai] [STRANGE] ERRORS installing SAKAI 2.9.3 on CentOS 6.4 64-bit

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 17:53:19 PDT 2013

There must be other processes running then. How did you install Tomcat? Did
you use a package or did you download the tar.gz from tomcat.apache.org?
Packages dont work well with Sakai due to the multiple parts required for a
deployment (its not just wars). You are probably best completely
uninstalling Tomcat from your system via the package manager and then
grabbing a fresh one and deploying into that.

Also do as Jon says and check the ports as other applications also use port
8080.

But you could get around this by just changing the ports for Tomcat in
conf/server.xml

cheers,
Steve