[Building Sakai] nightly2

Thomas, Gregory J gjthomas at iu.edu
Mon Oct 7 14:37:33 PDT 2013

I think it got lost in the shuffle of the last nightly2 email thread, but there's not a quick answer on fixing this particular instance (which is the experimental build server)

The indie tools that are pulled in haven't had the same conversion process done to them that the semi-recent move to get trunk to a monolithic build (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23907) have had done.  These include (but not fully checked individually for issues):

assignment2 https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/assignment2/trunk
clog https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/clog/trunk
clogdashboardintegration https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/lancaster.ac.uk/clogdashboardintegration/trunk
dashboard https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/dashboard/trunk
delegatedaccess https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/delegatedaccess/trunk
endorsed https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/endorsed/trunk
evaluation https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/evaluation/trunk
formbuilder https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/ucf/formbuilder/trunk
hierarchy https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/caret/hierarchy/trunk
hybrid https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/hybrid/trunk
reports https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reports/trunk
roster2 https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/roster2/trunk/
signup https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/signup/trunk/

The options are:

  1.

Remove individual tools from experimental

  2.

Have a similar process done on cleaning up pom.xml files like SAK-23907 has done

Option 2 is tricky since I don't know ramifications of editing pom files in each code base.  It's possible some institutions could be using some of these from their respective trunk repositories.  Longer term, yeah, I think it would be great to have contrib tools be organized in a similar way that's been done in SAK-23907, but that will take some time to talk with contrib tool owners to be ok with the changes.

I could remove all of these for now if we just want the server to be back up, but that would basically mean the server is mostly identical with nightly trunk. :)  http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082/portal

Greg