[Building Sakai] Profile2 integration for Blogwow

Jim Mezzanotte jmezzanotte at anisakai.com
Mon Oct 7 13:25:39 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to get clarification about the Profile2 integration for
Blogwow (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/BW-130):

1. From the screenshot in BW-130, the integration seems identical to
what you see in Clog and Forums--i.e., you put your cursor over a user
name and a popup window displays profile image/info plus connection
capabilities. But in our configuration of the integration, we're
getting a static image in the right corner of a user's blog profile
(just as with no integration), and the only info getting pulled from
Profile2 is from the "personal summary" box of a user's "basic
information" section. (In fact, if this info isn't available, you get
a message saying the user hasn't edited the profile yet, regardless of
other info entered).

2. Is it true that enabling the Profile2 integration automatically
disables the ability to create your own blog profile in Blogwow? When
we configure for the Profile2 integration, the "My blog settings"
button (which gives you access to profile creation) disappears.

Thanks in advance for any info--

Best,
Jim Mezzanotte
Asahi Net International