[Building Sakai] [STRANGE] ERRORS installing SAKAI 2.9.3 on CentOS 6.4 64-bit

alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Mon Oct 7 07:07:14 PDT 2013

Hi,

> Why would installing a 32 bit version of Sakai change that problem?
the
move to 32bit was just a check if I'm doing something wrong on the 64bit.

> Did you
investigate running processes?  Did you find any java processes running?
I killed any java
program running, with the KILL -9 <Process_id>, when starting tomcat (with sakai), i get the
same problems.

> See if you can get your own instance of Tomcat up and running on
your machine - a fresh install directly from Apache using the latest 7.0.x version.
I've done
that, and YES, tomcat s working and the hello world example is working just fine.

You probably also want to configure this Tomcat to start up automatically on system reboot.
YES, Already done, i created a tomcat service in /etc/init.d. It's working fine also.

ONCE, I deploy sakai 2.9.3 in Tomcat, I get those errors.

Should I recheck the sakai
source, and build it from scratch on a clean tomcat?

Alaa

> Your previous
posts indicated problems with locked ports and a rogue
> Tomcat process.  Why would
installing a 32 bit version of Sakai change
> that problem?  I'd stick with the 64 bit
approach - Sakai will run
> better in that environment.  Did you investigate running
processes?  Did
> you find any java processes running?
>
> Here's a
different suggestion:  for now, forget Sakai.  See if you can
> get your own instance of
Tomcat up and running on your machine - a fresh
> install directly from Apache using the
latest 7.0.x version.  It will
> start up much faster than a Tomcat that includes Sakai.
If you can get
> your own Tomcat to start and stop reliably, you can move on to

installing Sakai in it.  You probably also want to configure this Tomcat
> to start up
automatically on system reboot.  For that, you'll need a
> entry in your /etc/init.d file.
With that in place, you can start and
> stop Tomcat as a system service:  "service
tomcat start", "service
> tomcat stop", etc. Check to see that tomcat is
included in your start up

wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In order to understand what's going on with
this install, I transfered
>> a working instance of Sakai2.9.1 from centos 6.2 32bit,
to Centos 6.4
>> 64bit.
>>
>> I run it, and saw the same errors
as one described with sakai2.9.3 in
>> centos 6.4.
>>
>> Does it
have any relation with the 32bit vs 64 bits?

>> please help!
>>

>> > This might be easier if it is available in whatever
flavor of unix
>> OS you have.
>> > killall -9 java
>> >
>> > -AZ
>> >

>> > On Sun, Oct 6, 2013
at 5:21 AM, Jehan Badshah

>> command

the process id number, you should
>> kill it by
commanad

at 6:24 AM, Mark J. Norton

wrote:

> [...]
and look for any processes running Java. I
probably a default tomcat running. I've seen
>> this
thing before, especially on cloud servers cloned from a
>> template
>>
>>> server.
>> >>>

>>> On 10/5/2013 8:44 PM, Matthew Jones wrote:
>> >>>

>>> I'd bet there is something listening, probably a default tomcat
>> that
was
>> the usually

>> else. You
ports too.

"unsubscribe"

sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org

>>> TO UNSUBSCRIBE: send email to

"unsubscribe"

Regards

>> Jehan Badshah | Team Lead
(SLATE)
University of Computer and Emerging Sciences
ext 344

"unsubscribe"

> --
>> > Aaron Zeckoski - Software Architect - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile
subject of
>> > "unsubscribe"
>> >
>> > --
>> > This message has been scanned for viruses and
>> > dangerous content
by MailScanner, and is
>> > believed to be clean.
>> >

>> --