[Building Sakai] Sakai LTI 2.0 Working Demo

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Wed Nov 20 04:44:14 PST 2013

Hi all,

I merged the LTI 2.0 branch (Since April 30) back into trunk over the weekend and then fixed an Oracle bug last night and so LTI 2.0 is working in the trunk of Sakai and should be part of Sakai 10.   It has a few UI TBDs in it - but the core technical capabilities are feature complete.

Here is a video of it working on the nightly servers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dt2Sz5ilLQ

You can play with it yourself on the nightly servers.   I have a unit test for LTI2 up at:

https://online.dr-chuck.com/sakai-api-test/tp.php

So you can log in to the nightly servers as admin and install an LTI 2.0 tool in Sakai.

While the spec and certification are not yet 100% final, Sakai should be the first LMS in the market with support for LTI 2.0.  We should be certified the day after the spec is final :)

Comments welcome.

/Chuck