[Building Sakai] Does anyone have some production sakai.properties files I could look at?

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Sat Nov 16 06:57:11 PST 2013

I am designing the configuration options for LTI 2.0 for Sakai (yes there are quite a few) and want to have fallback values for things like "owning organization", etc form existing fields if folks don't put in all the "lti2." properties.

A big part of LTI 2.0 is identifying who owns the LMS, what software is being run, etc.   The LMS provides this to the tool in the Tool Consumer Profile

http://www.imsglobal.org/lti/v2p0pd2/mediatype/application/vnd/ims/lti/v2/ToolConsumerProfile+json/index.html

So I had to come up with a bunch of sakai.properties to allow easy population of these values.  I came up with the following properties:

# A globally unique identifier for the service.  The domain name is typical.
# The scope for this is tenant/customer
lti2.guid=sakai.school.edu

# In a multi-tenant environment this data describes the tenant / customer.
# if lti2.service_owner.support_email is not provided, mail.support will be used
# if lti2.service_owner.id is not provided, serverUrl will be used
lti2.support_email=sakai-support at school.edu
lti2.service_owner.id=http://sakai.school.edu/
lti2.service_owner.owner_name=ETS
lti2.service_owner.description=Edtech Services
lti2.service_owner.support_email=ets-support at school.edu

# This represents the service provider that hosts a product.
# If these are not provided, they will be the same as service_owner
lti2.service_provider.id=http://sakai.school.edu/
lti2.service_provider.provider_name=ASCA, Inc.
lti2.service_provider.description=A Sakai Commercial Affiliate
lti2.service_provider.support_email=sakai at asca.com

# This section is about the general information about the software product
# The values below will be the defaults unless they are overridden
lti2.product_family.product_code=sakai
lti2.product_family.vendor_code=sakai
lti2.product_family.vendor_name=Sakai Project
lti2.product_family.vendor_description=Sakai is an Apereo project.
lti2.product_family.vendor_website=http://www.sakaiproject.org/
lti2.product_family.vendor_contact=info at sakaiproject.org

# product_info is about one particular version of a product.
# if lti2.product_info.product_version is not provided, version.sakai is used
lti2.product_info.product_name=Sakai
lti2.product_info.product_version=10.0
lti2.product_info.product_description=Sakai 10.0

But what I really want to do is come up with reasonable defaults using existing properties as much as possible and then allow these "lti2." properties. I have found a few "equivalents" - but could use some help in knowing other properties that are commonly used for organization name, etc.

Thanks.

/Chuck