[Building Sakai] I will be merging LTI 2.0 into Trunk over the weekend

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Fri Nov 15 17:55:23 PST 2013

Hi all,

Sakai's support for LTI 2.0 is in this branch:

The code has passed the draft IMS certification test.   I have to add some configuration properties and then I will be merging this into trunk in anticipation of Sakai 10.    I expect to merge this by the end of the weekend.

LTI 2.0 has no end-user facing features - it is an admin-only feature that automatically adds tools like Canvas's auto-intall tool (except better :))..   At some point we might add an "experimental" property to hide it - but really it has no user facing effect so there is little value to hide it.

It touches a lot of LTI code so I want it in trunk as the Sakai 10 QA starts to make sure that the LTI 2.0 code has not inadvertently introduced any regression.   I want to take advantage of every bit of Sakai 10 QA to test the new LTI with 2.0 support included.

I will be writing configuration documentation and an LTI 2.0 test plan in the next few days.   The LTI 1.x test plan is unchanged.   I have built a full set of PHP-based unit tests similar to the LTI 1.x unit tests so the 2.x test plan will make use of those unit tests.

Comments welcome.

/Chuck