[Building Sakai] Edia skin manager for Sakai 10 (license incompatibility)

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Thu Nov 14 18:22:04 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM, John Bush <jbush at anisakai.com> wrote:

> 1.  I bet they'd consider changing the license if we asked them.
> Almost everytime I've asked someone they done it for me.
>
> 2.  IMHO, one criteria needs to be does the tool operate in a cluster
> ok.   In this case the answer is no, unless there have been changes
> since I last looked.  The skin manager uploads files on to the one
> node you work with.

I will add a third:

The Skin Manager essentially assumes that your /library is being
served by Tomcat. If you use Apache to serve /library from static
files, the upload capabilities of the Skin Manager either won't work
or require specific changes to system directories.

I am not sure moving data to the database can overcome this problem.

Seth