[Building Sakai] Proposal for Sakai 10 help files

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Wed Nov 6 11:09:42 PST 2013

> For some context, at the last North America Apereo conference, the people
> who turned out to talk about documentation agreed to a two-phase plan—a
> short-term fix to allow people to pitch in to edit the content and write it
> back to trunk, while also developing a list of functional requirements for
> some kind of new help tool in the longer term (Phase 2).  Here is a Google
> doc with discussion around those functional requirements for the new help
> tool:

Hi Elizabeth,

So what is the plan of documentation group with Phase 2 and the
implementation of these requirements?  Is there a plan to raise money,
request bids, and contract for development to meet the requirements?  If
yes, is there any progress or an ETA to share?

To your question about the limit on the number of contributors: ScreenSteps
allows for 20 contributors for twice the price.  If we suffer a deluge of
active contributors, by all means, let's go for the higher subscription
level.

--Sam